Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Shower

On Saturday my sister and Mom threw me a wonderful baby shower. We had about 26 women in attendance. We played lots of fun games, ate delicious cake, and opened many presents. It's a day I will always remember!

What a great group of women!

Smile! Starting from the left we have Courtnee (bible study friend), Aunt Linda, Cousin Evonne, and Auntie Mare.

Here I am chatting it up with my bible study friends, Amy and Brenna.

Megan (Will's brother's girlfriend) won the "Guess Mel's Belly Size" game. She accurately predicted my belly circumference perfectly...46 inches. Way to go Megan!


Carol Loscutoff (Will's Aunt) won the nursery rhyme game in which we had to fill in the missing words of different nursery rhymes. I, unfortunately, had the worst score and got only 10 out of 18 correct. I guess I need to start reading more nursery rhymes.


"Guess the Baby Food" game was my favorite game. Here is a picture of Robyn (Will's other brother's girlfriend) tasting some of the different foods. We had to guess what 8 different baby foods were by sniffing and tasting them. My friend, Laura, and I both got 7 out of 8 right so we had to go into a tie breaker. The tie breaker baby food was chicken mango risotto...it was a hard flavor to crack so Laura and I both took the victory.


I received so many wonderful gifts at the shower. We now have a closet full of adorable girl clothes and awesome baby gadgets. One of my favorite gifts, however, was this pillow that was lovingly made by my dear friend Katherine.


Mmmmm, chocolate cake and sparkling cider. Yum!

My mom and sister did a wonderful job with the shower. I couldn't have asked for a more special day. I love them both so very much!!!

No comments: