Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy birthday to me! :-)

Yesterday was my 28th birthday and it was filled with many special moments. In the morning I got to open up gifts from Kate and Will. Kate gave me a cute card in which she wrote that said she loved me more than Elmo, cheese, and tickely ribs combined! Will gave me a BEAUTIFUL perdiot pendant necklace. So gorgeous! After church Will treated me to a yummy lunch at Chevy's (my choice since I wanted a margarita) while my mom watched Kate. After lunch Will insisted that I try to drive his 1952 VW bug. It was pretty scary double-clutching but he was proud that I gave it a try and did pretty good for my first time. When we went to pick Kate up from Gramma's we were treated to my mom's famous whoppie pies. They are so delicious! That evening we stayed home and enjoyed watching season 4 of Dexter. It was a great birthday!
Gramma made Kate her very own whoppie pie. She took a few bites of it and then dropped it on the floor...very typical!
Below are a few pictures from this past week:
Annie is getting really good at letting Kate approach her and pet her. Usually Kate tries to grab Annie and hold on for dear life but Annie doesn't seem to mind too much. She just loves the attention.

I had an impulse buy at Cost Plus the other day. This giraffe rocking horse was on clearance and I couldn't resist buying it for Kate. Afterwards I treated myself to some Starbucks and ordered Kate an ice water.
Kate has been very fascinated by a hat Will bought in Maui. She likes to wear it on her head or carry it around. I tried to get a picture of her wearing it, but she got mad that I was forcing her to keep it on her head so this is the picture I took.
Eventually she calmed down and decided she would rather eat the hat.

1 comment:

Ben and Sarah said...

Hahaha! I enjoyed your pictures, especially the ones of Kate screaming and her "eating" the hat! Lol! :-) Will did a great job picking out the necklace-- beautiful! ;-)