Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tahoe: Part 1

Kate and I are currently enjoying some much needed relaxation in Tahoe while Will holds down the fort in Davis. As a side note, I need to give my husband some HUGE props for all that he has done at home since Kate and I have been gone. He has broken down our universal weight machine in our future nursery and then set it back up in our garage that he had to completely reorganize to even get it to fit. He did it all in one morning with the help of our friend, Rusty (thanks!). He also has gone to the hardware store to buy paint for the nursery and worked out all the details for our painter to come and take care of the room before we get home. He is such an awesome and amazing husband.

Anyway, back to Tahoe....we arrived in Tahoe on Tuesday with Will. Our first order of business was to go and explore the overflowing creeks that surround the cabin. We quickly realized that this was a ridiculous venture unless we wanted to get eaten alive by enormous mosquitoes. On our way back to the cabin (after being outside for 10 minutes) Kate decided to pick some of the pretty wild flowers.

Since we couldn't spend much time outside, Kate had to find ways to entertain herself inside. Here she is modeling my visor.


Will had to head back home on Wednesday shortly after my parents arrived at the cabin. We didn't do too much except play with a cool doll house (cabin toy) and watch Elmo movies. On Thursday, I was hoping to get out of the cabin and my parents suggested going to an indoor pool in Nevada. My sister and I used to play at this pool when we would come to Tahoe as kids. They have made several updates to it since we have been there. One of which is a neat kiddie pool with tons of falling/shooting water. It also only gets to 2.5 feet deep so Kate was able to stand on her own the whole time. Kate was in absolute heaven at the pool. She splashed and jumped around for almost an 1.5 hours. I had to convince her to get out of the pool at 1pm since we still hadn't eaten lunch yet. She was very sad to leave the pool.










Tomorrow we will head to the lake and play in the sand. Kate is so excited to go to the beach. I will try to post more pictures of Tahoe in a couple of days.

1 comment:

Ben and Sarah said...

That's too bad that Will could only stay a day at the cabin. :-( Mom and Dad told me they were coming up on Thursday... sounds like the plans keep changing....

Anyway, I TOTALLY remember that pool!!! I have thought about looking into it for our kids, too, but it seemed so far away. How long of a drive is it?