Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy 2 Months!!!

Kate turns 2 months old today. To start her special day off she slept for 6 straight hours and then another 3. She didn't wake up until 9:30am which gave me plenty of time to get things done around the house. One plan we had for the day was to visit my old workplace. Well our plans fell through the cracks with an unexpected incident. I fed Kate right after she woke up and while she was enjoying her breakfast she decided she needed to go the bathroom. Now I don't mean to make this blog all about my daughter's poop, but she just surprises me everyday with what she is capable of. This morning her poop exploded out of her diaper and went everywhere again. Thankfully I had a blanket wrapped around her so the poop was somewhat contained but it still managed to get all over her, the blanket, and a little on the couch. I had to give her an emergency bath which was quite an experience since Will and I usually tag team this together. Needless to say we did not make it out of the house this morning. She is now taking a little nap while I get ready for Gramma to watch her for an hour while I swim. Hopefully there won't be too many more surprises today.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Ha ha!

Oh the joys of newborn poops! Love it - it's so funny to read about your adventures!

Eventually it will get better.

-Liz

Ben and Sarah said...

That's disgusting! :-)Ahhh, I don't miss newborns poops one little bit...