Wednesday, May 5, 2010

More teeth!

Kate now has 3 teeth! Her top left center tooth broke through yesterday. I think the left one next to it is about to come in very soon. Thankfully it did not seem to hurt her as much as her bottom two teeth. I couldn't get any pictures of the new tooth I have included some pictures from this past week.

Now that Kate has decided she is not the biggest fan of me feeding her with a spoon I have let her try to feed herself with the spoon. This seems to keep her happy for a few bites but then she pushes the spoon away and asks for finger food. This usually also lends to a bigger mess, especially once she rips her bib off. We are having to deal with a lot of stains on her clothes.

I have been trying to get creative with finger foods for Kate. The other day I made her some sweet potato/carrot pancakes. She ate a little bit but she wasn't too thrilled by them. She prefers banana, cheese, strawberries and Gerber Puffs. I have tried dried prunes, hard boiled egg yolks and pasta but she tries a few bites and then decides she doesn't really like them. Any suggestions?

This is just a cute picture of Kate hanging out and lounging.

SMILE!!!!!
Our poor cat is constantly being abused by Kate. Kate is always hunting her down and pulling on her tail or climbing on top of her. For some reason Annie, our cat, refuses to run away and just takes the abuse. I feel bad for Annie but Kate gets such a kick out of "petting" her. It is quite a common occurrence to have Kate covered in cat fur from head to toe. It is a battle I have decided not to fight. :-)

1 comment:

Ben and Sarah said...

Hahahaha! I love the look of sheer bliss on Kate's face as she is pulling Annie's tale. Hilarious!

Hey, I didn't know Kate has that same gumball out fit. We should get a picture of the girls together wearing their matching clothes! :-)