Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kate is 1 today!!!

Wow! Kate's first year just flew by! I can't believe my baby girl is already 1 year old! The past year has been filled with so many joyous and challenging moments. People weren't kidding when they told us having a baby is hard, but boy is it rewarding! Kate has been learning so many new things in the past few weeks.



Below are a few of Kate's new things:

~Stand on her own for several seconds and then sit gracefully back down
~Walk with only holding onto one hand
~Wave "bye-bye"
~Blow kisses
~Give a "high-five"
~Say "dog!" and sometimes "kitty"
~Point out noses, eyes, tongues, ears, and feet
~Eat an entire nectarine or watermelon wedge on her own
~Pretend talk on the phone
~Hold my purse over her shoulder
~Throw tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants (I am not too thrilled about this one but I guess it was going to happen at some point)
~Sit in her new forward facing car seat (this has been a huge lifesaver on longer trips...she is so much happier in her new car seat since she can see us and the passing cars)
~Get so clingy when we are home that I can't get anything done around the house or even make dinner when Will is home. For some reason if she is around other people or kids she is familiar with she doesn't need me to be around...it is only at home or in new situations when she wants to be in my arms all the time.
~Her obsession with Elmo has grown deeper. She loves to watch Elmo on You Tube while I get ready in the morning. Her favorite clip is Elmo's Ducks...so cute, you should check it out.


I am sure there are things I am missing, but that is just a small glimpse into the things she is currently doing.


Kate has been such a true joy. The best way to sum her up is just a happy, goofy baby with a mind of her own. Her smiles melt my heart and her silly nature always makes me laugh. God has truly blessed us!


Here are some pictures from this past year:




3 months

6 months
9 months
Our 1-year old!


Happy birthday Kate!!!!

No comments: