Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fairyland

Yesterday, Kate and I traveled to Oakland with Auntie Sarah and Cousin Chloe for a girls' day out. We first stopped for a nice visit with Grandma Agee (a.k.a. Gigi). We had a wonderful time catching up with Grandma and the girls stayed busy by looking at old photo albums and playing with the Connect Four game pieces. After our visit, we walked over to Fairyland. Sarah and I have many fond memories of going to Fairyland as little girls. A lot of things brought back memories, but I was also very surprised at how small the whole park felt. I remember it being HUGE when I was little. Kate and Chloe had a lot of fun time exploring the park. I think Kate was still a little too young to get the whole experience, but she still had a wonderful day.

Three Little Pigs Brick House
The Crooked Man's House



A little Chapel
Pinocchio's House...Kate spent a lot of time inside yelling "tunnel!" It had a nice echo to it.




Kate loved crawling through this tunnel.



Chloe enjoyed pulling the little clothes line around and around.






Waiting in line for the train


Pony ride!

2 comments:

Ben and Sarah said...

I love the picture of Kate on the ship, with her foot on the side. She looks like a real sailor! ;-) It was so much fun going there together! We should take the girls again sometime, when Maggie is old enough. :-)

Mary and Jim said...

I'm so glad to see that Fairyland is still there and looking great! I loved that place as a child- we have some pictures somewhere of my 5th birthday there!