Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our silly little Kate

Kate is just such a goofy and happy little girl. She loves to pretend and dress up. One of her recent fascinations is Daddy's work clothes. She loves to put on his work shirt and tie. Sometimes she even tries to walk around the house in his shoes.
For the past couple months Kate has been very interested in bikes. Every time we see one on the bike path she talks to me about how "Keet" wants a bike and "Mama and Dada." I have told her that we will get her one soon and yesterday was that day. I picked up this super cool tricycle at Target and she insisted that I put it together for her immediately. An hour later, and lots of tears from both Mommy and Kate, the tricycle was put together (the instructions were a little harder than I thought they would be). Kate was SO excited to go for a ride and to wear her new helmet. We already have taken her new bike all over the greenbelts and to several parks. It is so wonderful having a handle that I can easily push and turn with. What a great invention!
This morning Kate asked to listen to "cuckoo" (So Long, Farewell) while I was getting breakfast made. Somehow she convinced me to put her on the counter and let her dance. She is just so cute!


Kate is getting really good a communicating and using lots of words. The first video is of Kate talking about the baby and singing her ABC's. The second video is her talking on the pretend phone. She only seems to call Papa when she is on the phone. She actually has pretend conversations with him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a clever trike!