Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

Well, another Christmas has come and gone.  It is always amazes me how much preparing I do, months in advance, for only one day, but it is always worth it.  This year's Christmas was fantastic, filled with too many toys and too many sweets, but lots and lots of happy memories.

On Wednesday. the girls and I headed to church for our Christmas Eve service (unfortunately Will had to work).  The girls were so beautiful in their Christmas dresses!  Their picture poses sums up their personalities well.

I figured out how to use the timer on my camera so I could get into the picture too. :)

Christmas morning brought a flood of presents and toys.  Maggie received a doll that looks just like her...blonde hair and blue eyes.

Kate was excited to receive her Doc-Mobile...a pretend animal clinic, on wheels.
 Opening more presents!


Maggie's BIG present was a new play kitchen.  Will spent almost 3 hours putting it together a few days before.  Keeping it hidden until Christmas morning was a bit of a challenge.




Maggie is my helper in the kitchen.  She loves measuring and pouring when I am baking.  On Christmas she helped me decorate Jesus' birthday cake.  She piled on the M&M's and sprinkles.  She takes her decorating job very seriously!  I am predicting she will have a passion for baking or cooking in the future since she loves playing in her pretend kitchen and helping me in the real kitchen too.



In the evening we headed to my parent's house for Christmas dinner with my grandparents and sister's family.
 Maggie and Kate always love singing "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" each year and blowing out the candles.

Great Christmas!  Now back to normal life and normal routines (well, after Christmas break is over and the kids go back to school.)

No comments: