Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy Day

Kate had a very busy day yesterday. She was practicing all of the new things she is learning to do. One of her favorite new things is chewing on a spoon. I give her a spoon every time I am in the kitchen eating. She has figured out how to get the head of the spoon in her mouth, though it is usually upside down. I think she will be ready to try solid food in no time.


Kate has also discovered her toes. She loves to grab her toes, especially when I am changing her diaper. She also loves it when I play "patty cake" with her feet or pretend to eat her toes.

Kate is now learning how to sit up supported. She loves to sit up in her bumbo or supported by the boppy. She even strains to sit up every time I place her on her back to play or change her diaper. Now if we could only get her to figure out how to roll over on her own...

Here is a decent attempt to take a self-portrait of Kate and me. I love her BIG eyes!

Does anyone want some drool?
"Look at me! I am sitting up all on my own!"

"Boy that sure was a busy day...Mommy is a comfortable place to take a quick nap."

1 comment:

Ben and Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures! :-) I love the picture of Kate with her boppy- she looks so pretty. And the self-portrait of you two is perfect! You should use that photo as your fb profile pic. :-)