Saturday, February 20, 2010

We have teeth!

Kate has two front teeth! For the past few weeks we have noticed that Kate's gums were getting swollen. We were hoping her teeth would break through soon and on Tuesday she was acting so fussy that we knew they would come at any point. On Wednesday I felt some pointy hardness to her gums and saw her two front bottom teeth poking through. Kate seems to be in a lot less pain and much happier now. I tried to take several pictures of her teeth, but this was the best I could come up with. Below are a few more pictures from this week. I was playing peek-a-boo with Kate the other day. She hasn't quite figured out the game...she was acting unamused by my attempts to make her giggle by yelling "peek-a-boo" when I removed the blanket from her head.

On Monday my parents came over to do a 3-mile walk with Kate and me. Kate made it through 70% of the walk in the stroller and then I had to strap her to me in the baby carrier for the remainder of the walk. Once we were home, Kate had a fun time playing with Papa. She was acting so goofy in his lap by flapping her arms and squealing.

Another new thing this week is that Kate is starting to figure out the basics of crawling. She can get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth. She can't move forward yet, but she is starting to scoot herself backwards a bit. The other night she was moving backwards and got stuck on her play mat. We had to help her get unstuck. It was very cute! :-)