Saturday, January 2, 2010

Go Ducks!

On New Year's Day, we spent the afternoon at my parents house cheering on the Oregon Ducks as they played Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. (We are Duck fans since my brother attended U of O for his first 2 years of college, though my Dad will always remain only a Cal fan.) Unfortunately the Ducks lost 17-26 but we still had a fun time cheering them on. I tried to dress Kate up in the most green/yellow outfit she owned to show her team spirit.
Kate enjoyed wearing her Uncle Daniel's Oregon hat. It is just a bit big.


Kate enjoyed playing with Gramma's Oregon beads. She was very fascinated by them and she never even tried to put them in her mouth!
During halftime I took Kate out on my parent's trampoline. She seemed to really enjoy it...I guess it is kind of a bigger version of her Johnny Jump Up.My mom prepared a whole spread of food for the family including these Oregon cupcakes. Yum!

My niece, Chloe, was enjoying her cupcake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend New Year's day...family, food, and football! The pictures are all very cute, Mels, and Kate was in such a good mood all afternoon. No tears...amazing!

Dad said...

Wonderful pictures Mel! I enjoyed having the whole family over for the game.

Love, Dad

PS
I usually view your blog from mom's computer. Now I've saved the link on mine.