Friday, January 29, 2010

One-hour Postal Swim

Today my sister and niece came over to watch Kate while I went to swim practice. It was a special day at practice since our swim team is entered in a nation-wide One-hour Postal Swim challenge to get as many swimmers as possible to swim as many yards as possible in one hour. Last year our team logged over 1.4 million yards and won the competition. The challenge goes for the entire month of January so I was cutting it close to participate. Well, I swam for an entire hour without stopping and logged 4,240 yards (about 170 laps). It was very exhausting, but Kate greatly enjoyed her time with her auntie and cousin. Will had the day off from work so he helped count laps for me. What a sweetie!


One of Kate's new favorite activities is to suck on my sweatshirt strings. Mmm...yum!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed, Mels, that you swam so many laps! Way to go! The picture of Sar and Chloe with Kate is adorable...and the one of Kate chomping on your sweatshirt strings is so typical. She loves to chomp on my University of Oregon strings!

Ben and Sarah said...

Chloe and I had a wonderful time with Kate the other day!!! :-) I can't get enough of Kate's smiles, and her chubby cheeks. I must have kissed her cheeks a hundred times! I look forward to the next time we get to play. :-)

Unknown said...

Let me add my congratulations to both Sarah and Mel for their distance swims. I'm proud of you both!