Tuesday, March 23, 2010

8 Months Old!

Kate is 8 months old today! Kate keeps on growing and changing everyday. She officially now fits into size 9-12 month clothing. Surprisingly they aren't too long for her and comfortably fit around her chubby belly. :-) She loves sitting up on her own and playing with any item that truly isn't a toy. Currently her toy box contains an empty water bottle, a toothbrush, a plastic bowl and Starbucks cup. She also enjoys my measuring cups and wooden spoons. She is not crawling, yet, but she is figuring out how to get up on all fours and spin around to get toys behind her. She is getting really good at standing up, though. She loves to hold onto me and stand up to play. In the past month I have introduced some new foods to her diet including yogurt (she can finish an entire yogurt cup in one sitting) and rice husk crackers. She also enjoys taking small bites of some of the foods I am eating including banana, red bell pepper and bread.

Kate's personality is coming to light more and more everyday. First of all she is a total goofball, just like her Daddy. She loves to giggle and squeal at anything. She also has moments where she totally zones out and it is hard to get her attention...I always wonder what she is thinking about then. For the most part she is very easy going, but can get fussy when she is hungry or tired...another attribute that she gets from Will. One of my favorite things about Kate is that she loves to cuddle with me. She buries her head into my chest and wraps her arms around my neck. I just love it! She does get some separation anxiety when I leave the room which has been a little hard, but I am hoping that is just a phase. I feel so blessed to have her as my daughter. I couldn't have asked for a more loving, happy little girl that fills my heart with so much delight and love!!!

Here are a few pictures from this morning. Kate is enjoying munching on her plastic bowl.

The wind was blowing hard outside so Kate was watching the trees move in the breeze.
Today was free pastry day at Starbucks so Kate and I took full advantage of the offer. I was able to get a free pumpkin scone (my favorite!) and a cinnamon dolce latte. Starbucks was a total zoo but worth the wait in line. Kate enjoyed playing with my Starbucks cup after I enjoyed my coffee (don't worry, I washed it out).

The other day, I was desperate to get Kate something to distract her while I put on my makeup. We were in the bathroom so I was wasn't sure what I could find. Thankfully I remembered that we had a stash of new toothbrushes from our dentist so I pulled one out for Kate. It was a huge hit! She loved munching on the bristles.
"Mommy, you want me to chew on this?"

1 comment:

Ben and Sarah said...

I recognize that outfit in the last couple pictures! :-)